These are the costs of an EB-5 Visa for Bangladesh investors.
- EB-5 investment
- $800,000 (৳83,198,400 Bangladeshi Taka) for a Targeted Employment Area
- $1,050,000 (৳109,197,900 Bangladeshi Taka) for a non-Targeted Employment Area
- Form I-526- $3,675 (৳382,192.65 Bangladeshi Taka)
- Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485)- $1,140 (৳118,557.72 Bangladeshi Taka)
- Form I-829- $3,750 (৳389,992.50 Bangladeshi Taka)
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) allows 10,000 EB-5 visas a year.
Bangladesh Bank is the Central bank of Bangladesh that has framework and monetary policy for moving assets and money outside of Bangladesh.
How can I Transfer EB-5 Funds from Bangladesh?
Bangladesh has strict currency regulations which can cause difficulty when transferring money from Bangladesh as EB-5 funds. Bangladesh investors can consult banks that focus on international transactions and use a licensed currency exchange company. Bangladesh investors with businesses outside of the country can use their profits as EB-5 funds. Bangladesh investors are recommended to consult an EB5 attorney to discuss possible ways to transfer money out of Bangladesh.
What is the Priority Date for EB5 Visa for Bangladesh Investors?
The EB-5 Visa for Bangladesh investors remains on “current” status according to the U.S. Department of State (DOS) Visa Bulletin. “Current” status means that there is no backlog (retrogression) in the application for EB-5 Visa for Bangladesh investors.
How Long Does it Take to Acquire an I-526 Approval for the Bangladesh Investor under EB 5?
The USCIS approves all I-526 applications for an EB5 Visa. The processing of I-526 depends on the nature of the case and the service center processing the application. The approval of an I-526 for Bangladesh investors can take between 29.5 to 61 months.
How can a Bangladesh Citizen Immigrate to the United States Using the EB-5 Program?
The process of immigration for Bangladesh investors using the EB-5 Program involves 6 steps.
- Petitioning for an EB-5 Visa. Filing of Form I-526 to the USCIS.
- Applying for an EB5 Visa. Form I-526 must be approved by USCIS prior to applying for the EB5 Visa.
- Applying from overseas. Filing of the Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (Form DS-260).
- Applying within the US. Filing of Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485).
- Granting of EB-5 Visa.
- Obtaining conditional permanent residence. The conditional green card is valid for 2 years for the Bangladesh investor and his/her dependents.
- Removing conditions on permanent residence. Form I-829 is submitted to USCIS within the 90-day period prior to the second anniversary as an EB5 investor in the US.
- Gaining lawful permanent residence. A lawful permanent residence (unconditional green card) is valid for 10 years.
What are the Challenges for Bangladesh Investors for EB-5?
Bangladesh investors face specific challenges when applying for the EB-5 Visa. The first is the ability to meet the minimum investment capital. The Bangladesh investor should be prepared to supply the minimum investment and prove a legal source of EB5 funds. The second is the risk of losses in the EB5 investment project. There is no guarantee of repayment in the EB5 project. The main benefit of the EB-5 Visa for Bangladesh investors is getting permanent residence in the US. The third is the occurrence of fraud schemes that target EB-5 investors. Hiring an EB-5 attorney, consulting the right experts, and working with reputable EB-5 partners help solve these challenges of the EB-5 Program.
What is the Best Project to Invest in with an EB-5 Visa for Bangladesh Investors?
An EB-5 project is the business investment required for an EB-5 Visa for Bangladesh investors. Popular EB-5 projects include hotel construction and the restaurant industry. The nature of an EB-5 project for hotel construction allows for the generation of multiple jobs for Americans. An EB-5 project for the restaurant industry provides a sizeable cash flow for repayment and return on capital.
What Does the Future Hold for EB-5 Investors from Bangladesh?
Bangladesh investors do not face backlogs (retrogression) in the application for EB-5 Visa. The “current” status of EB5 Visa for Bangladesh investors is an advantage in the growth potential of the EB5 market for Bangladesh investors.
What are the Other US Visa Available for Bangladesh Nationals?
Immigrant and nonimmigrant visas are available to Bangladesh nationals to grant entry to the United States. Immigrant petitions are approved by the USCIS prior to applying for visa approval. The petition is filed by a qualified relative or a potential employer. Nonimmigrant visas are available to foreign citizens who wish to enter the United States temporarily. Nonimmigrant visas are granted to tourists, business people, students, or specialty workers for a particular period of time to accomplish specific purposes.
The following are the US Visas available to Bangladesh nationals.
- Family-Based Immigration. For foreign citizens sponsored by an immediate relative who is a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder and is at least 21 years old.
- Fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa. For a foreign fiancé(e) of a US citizen. The foreign fiancé(e) is allowed to stay in the U.S. to apply for permanent residency after marriage.
- Employment-Based Immigration. For qualified applicants under the provisions of US immigration law. The EB-5 Visa falls under the Employment Fifth Preference (E5).
- Diversity Visa. For countries with low rates of immigration to the US in the previous 5 years.
- Returning Resident Visa. For permanent residents who have remained outside of the US for more than 1 year, or beyond the validity period of their Re-entry Permit.
- B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa. For people traveling to the US for business or pleasure, or for medical treatment.
- Work Visa. For temporary workers petitioned to work in the US.
- Student Visa. For foreign citizens who wish to study in the US.
- Exchange Visitor Visa. For foreign citizens participating in exchange programs.
- Transit/Ship Crew Visa. For foreign citizens traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the US en route to a foreign destination.
- Religious Worker Visa. For individuals seeking US entry to work in a religious capacity on a temporary basis.
- Domestic Employee Visa. For personal or domestic servants who are accompanying an employer to the US.
- Journalist and Media Visa. For representatives of the foreign media traveling to the US to engage in their profession while having their home office in a foreign country.
What is the Most Popular State in the United States for Bangladesh Investors to Migrate to?
The states of New York, California, Texas, New Jersey, Michigan, and Florida are popular with Bangladesh immigrants according to the 2014 report, The Bangladeshi Diaspora in the United States by Migration Policy Institute.
What is the Current Retrogression Situation for Bangladesh Investors?
There is no retrogression in the EB5 application for Bangladesh investors. Bangladesh investors are able to obtain their EB-5 Visas faster compared to applicants from India and China.
What is a Targeted Employment Area?
A targeted employment area (TEA) is a region in the United States where the threshold for investment is $800,000 (৳83,198,400 Bangladeshi Taka) for Bangladesh investors to qualify for the EB-5 Visa. The two kinds of targeted employment areas are high unemployment areas and rural areas.
What Other Countries can Invest in the EB-5 Visa Program?
There were nearly 100,000 foreign investors who obtained permanent residence in the United States via the EB-5 Program from 2012 to 2022 according to “The United States EB-5 Program” by Investment Migration Insider. About 80% of EB5 investors come from Taiwan, China, South Korea, and the United Kingdom. Below are the top countries that apply for the EB-5 Visa.
Is USA a Good Foreign Market to Invest in for Bangladesh Citizens?
Yes, the United States and Bangladesh have maintained a bilateral economic relationship for 50 years. The United States is a stable and secure destination for EB-5 investments from Bangladesh investors.
Can EB-5 Visa Attorney Speed Up the Process of EB-5 Visa?
Yes, an EB-5 Visa attorney helps Bangladesh investors in their application to speed up its processing. Delays from processing errors and documentation issues can be prevented by working with an EB5 Visa Attorney.
Is Obtaining an EB-5 Easy for Bangladesh Investors?
Bangladesh investors are able to obtain their EB-5 Visas faster because of the “current” visa bulletin status of the application for Bangladesh.
Can a Bangladesh Investor Borrow Money for EB-5 Visa?
Yes, Bangladesh investors can use loans for their EB-5 Visa application. The loan has to be secured by assets and the collateral cannot be the same EB-5 business.
Can a Bangladesh Citizen Invest in the United States?
The EB5 Visa and the E-2 Visa are the two investment visas in the United States. The E2 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows nationals of treaty countries to invest in a US business. A treaty country maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with the US. Bangladesh has an existing treaty with the United States and qualifies for the E2 Visa.
The E-2 Visa does not have a direct path to a green card, unlike the EB5 Visa. A substantial investment of at least $150,000 (৳15,599,700 Bangladeshi Taka) is required for an E-2 Visa investment. There is no requirement for minimum job creation for E2 Visa.
Does a Bangladesh Citizen Need a Visa for USA?
Yes, Bangladesh citizens need to have a visa to enter the United States. Bangladesh does not qualify for the Visa Waiver Program that allows citizens from 38 countries to travel visa-free to the US. Countries that qualify for the Visa Waiver Program include Australia, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, and South Korea.