These are the costs of an EB-5 Visa for Egyptian investors.
- EB-5 investment
- $800,000 (15,536,560 Egyptian Pounds) for a Targeted Employment Area
- $1,050,000 (20,391,735 Egyptian Pounds) for a non-Targeted Employment Area
- Form I-526- $3,675 (71,371.81 Egyptian Pounds)
- Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485)- $1,140 (22,139.83 Egyptian Pounds)
- Form I-829- $3,750 (72,828.38 Egyptian Pounds)
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) allows 10,000 EB-5 visas a year.
The Central Bank of Egypt is the regulatory body that has the monetary policy for moving assets and money outside of Egypt.
What is the Priority Date for EB5 Visa for Egypt Investors?
The EB-5 Visa for Egypt investors is on “current” status according to the October 2022 visa bulletin released by the U.S. Department of State (DOS). “Current” status means that there is no backlog in the application for EB-5 Visa for Egypt investors.
How Long Does it Take to Acquire an I-526 Approval for the Egyptian Investor under EB 5?
The USCIS approves all I-526 applications for an EB5 Visa. The processing of I-526 depends on the complexity of the case and the service center processing the application. The approval of an I-526 for Egyptian investors can take between 29.5 to 61 months.
What is the EB-5 Visa Statistics for Egypt Investors?
Egyptians were issued 12 EB-5 Visas in FY 2023 according to the U.S. Department of State (DOS)-Bureau of Consular Affairs Report of the Visa Office 2023.
What are the Challenges for Egypt Investors for EB-5?
Egypt investors face certain challenges when applying for the EB-5 Visa. The first is the ability to meet the minimum investment capital. The Egypt investor should be ready to supply the minimum capital and all other costs for the EB5 Visa. The second is the risk of losses in the EB5 investment project. There is no guarantee of return on investment in the EB5 project. The primary benefit of the EB-5 Visa for Egypt investors is obtaining permanent residence in the US. The third is the occurrence of fraud schemes that target EB-5 investors. Hiring an EB-5 attorney, consulting the right experts, and working with the right EB-5 partners help solve these challenges of the EB-5 Program.
What is the Best Project to Invest in with an EB-5 Visa for Egypt Investors?
The best EB5 projects for Egypt investors include hotel construction and real estate. A hotel construction EB5 project generates numerous jobs to meet the minimum job creation requirement of an EB-5 Visa. A real estate EB-5 project has a readily understandable exit strategy for Egypt investors. EB5 Projects are the businesses invested in by Egypt investors to apply for EB5 Visa.
What Does the Future Hold for EB-5 Investors from Egypt?
Egyptian investors have not faced any backlogs in the application for EB-5 Visa. The “current” status of EB5 Visa for Egyptian investors is an advantage in the growth potential of the EB5 market for Egypt investors.
What are the Other US Visa Available for Egyptian Nationals?
Immigrant and nonimmigrant visas are available to Egyptian nationals to grant entry to the United States. Immigrant petitions are approved by the USCIS prior to applying for visa approval. The petition is filed by a qualified relative or a potential employer. Nonimmigrant visas are available to foreign citizens who wish to enter the United States temporarily. Nonimmigrant visas are granted to tourists, business people, students, or specialty workers for a particular period of time to accomplish specific purposes.
The following are the US visas available to Egyptian nationals.
- Family-Based Immigration. For spouses, children, parents, and siblings sponsored by US green card holders who are at least 21 years old.
- Fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa. For a foreign fiancé(e) of a US citizen.
- Employment-Based Immigration. For qualified applicants under the provisions of US immigration law.
- Diversity Visa. For countries with low rates of immigration to the US in the previous 5 years.
- Returning Resident Visa. For permanent residents who have remained outside of the US for more than 1 year, or beyond the validity period of their Re-entry Permit.
- B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa. For people traveling to the US for business or pleasure, or for medical treatment.
- Work Visa. For temporary workers petitioned to work in the US.
- Student Visa. For foreign citizens who wish to study in the US.
- Exchange Visitor Visa. For foreign citizens participating in exchange programs.
- Transit/Ship Crew Visa. For foreign citizens traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the US en route to a foreign destination.
- Religious Worker Visa. For individuals seeking US entry to work in a religious capacity on a temporary basis.
- Domestic Employee Visa. For personal or domestic servants who are accompanying an employer to the US.
- Journalist and Media Visa. For representatives of the foreign media traveling to the US to engage in their profession while having their home office in a foreign country.
What is the Most Popular State in the United States for Egypt Investors to Migrate to?
Egyptian immigrants are dispersed throughout the U.S. with most residing in the cities of New York and Los Angeles. The state of California has the most number of Egyptian immigrants according to the May 2015 report of the Migration Policy Institute.
What is the Current Retrogression Situation for Egypt Investors?
There is no retrogression in the EB5 application for Egypt investors. Egypt investors do not face EB-5 Visa backlogs, unlike China and India.
What is a Targeted Employment Area?
A targeted employment area (TEA) is a region in the United States where the threshold for investment is $800,000 (15,536,560 Egyptian Pounds) for Egyptian investors to qualify for the EB-5 Visa. The two kinds of targeted employment areas are high unemployment areas and rural areas.
What Other Countries can Invest in the EB-5 Visa Program?
There were 78, 278 foreign investors who applied for the EB-5 Visa in April 2020 according to “The United States EB-5 Program” by Investment Migration Insider. About 80% of EB5 investors come from Taiwan, China, South Korea, and the United Kingdom. Below are the top countries that apply for the EB-5 Visa.
Is USA a Good Foreign Market to Invest in for Egypt Citizens?
Yes, the United States and Egypt have a Bilateral Investment Treaty since 1986. This treaty promotes trade and investment between the two countries.
Can EB-5 Visa Attorney Speed Up the Process of EB-5 Visa?
Yes, an EB-5 Visa attorney helps Egypt investors in their application to speed up its processing. Delays from processing errors and documentation issues can be prevented by working with an EB5 Visa Attorney.
Is Obtaining an EB-5 Easy for Egypt Investors?
Egyptian investors have not suffered retrogression for the EB-5 Visa. Egyptian investors can receive their EB5 Visas faster because of the “current” status in the visa bulletin.
Can an Egyptian Investor Borrow Money for EB-5 Visa?
Yes, Egyptian investors can use loans for their EB-5 Visa application. The borrowed money has to be secured by assets and the collateral cannot be the same EB-5 business.
Can an Egyptian Invest in the United States?
The EB5 Visa and the E-2 Visa are the two investment visas in the United States. The E2 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows nationals of treaty countries to invest in a US business. A treaty country maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with the US. Egypt has an existing treaty with the United States and qualifies for the E2 Visa.
The E-2 Visa does not have a direct path to a green card, unlike the E-B5 Visa. A substantial investment of at least $150,000 (2,912,805 Egyptian Pounds) is required for an E-2 Visa investment. There is no requirement for minimum job creation for E2 Visa.