Costs for investors choosing a direct investment
Costs for EB5 Business Plan
The EB5 Visa Cost includes paying an average of $3,500 for the drafting and writing of a business plan if you’re investing in a direct project. Direct EB-5 Projects are not affiliated with any regional center and require you to be actively involved in the management and operation of the business. Typically, regional centers supply their investors with business plans and other project documents to support their I-526E forms. As a direct EB5 investor, you need to work with a company that either specializes in or has substantial experience with EB 5 immigration business plans that are compliant with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations.
Processing Costs for Business Entity Formation
Another component of the EB 5 Visa Cost to account for as a direct investor is the formation of a new business entity such as a corporation or a limited liability company (LLC) which ranges from $1,000 to $1,500. You’ll have to engage the services of an EB-5 Visa Lawyer or a company to help you set up your new commercial enterprise (NCE) that meets the Immigrant Investor Visa Program requirements.
How Much is the Minimum EB5 Investment Amount Required in 2023?
The EB5 Minimum Investment is $800,000 USD for projects located in Targeted Employment Areas (TEAs) while the investment amount for Non-TEA projects is $1.05 million USD.
Investing in a Targeted Employment Area TEA project, such as those in rural or high unemployment regions, qualifies you for priority processing of your initial petition which is extremely beneficial if you’re from a high-demand country such as India and China.
Will the EB 5 Visa Cost Increase in the Future?
In first quarter of 2024, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) (of which U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is an agency) proposed fee increases for the EB-5 category. This is in addition to the new EB-5 Integrity Fund fee which went into effect in March 2023.
The proposed fee for Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Standalone Investor, and Form I-526E, Immigrant Petition by Regional Center Investor, is $11,160, a $7,485 or 204% increase from the current $3,675 fee. The proposed fee for Form I-829, Petition by Investor to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Status, is $9,525, a $5,775 or 154% increase if the proposal goes into effect. To date, there is no time frame on when this will happen but we are continuing to monitor it closely.
What Factors Change the Cost of EB-5 Visa Program for an Investor?
While form filing fees are fixed for the EB-5 Visa, certain factors make the total cost variable for investors such as below.
- The number of dependents included in your application affects the cost of EB5 Visa Green Card processing. Each member of your family will have to file and pay for Form I-485 or Form DS-260 to obtain a USA Green Card.
- Legal fees for EB 5 Visa Attorney services vary depending on the firm you hire, the extent of services covered, and the experience of the lawyer. Immigration Lawyers in locations such as New York and San Francisco tend to be more expensive.
- Immigrant investors and their families who are outside the USA will have to factor in relocation and travel costs for moving to the United States.
- The EB5 Minimum Investment is lower if you’re investing in a rural TEA, high-unemployment TEA, or infrastructure project.
- Regional center investors will have to pay an administrative fee used to structure a commercial project according to EB5 Program standards.
- Direct project investors need to allot a budget for business entity formation and business plan writing costs.
- Currency exchange rate fluctuations impact the cost.
What is the Biggest EB 5 Visa Cost Factor?
The EB5 Investment Cost of $800,000 or $1.05 Million is the biggest factor in the funding you need to allot for your Immigrant Investor Visa application. The EB5 Investment Cost is lower if you invest in a TEA (Target Employment Area) or an infrastructure project.
Does the EB5 Investment Cost Affect Processing Times?
Yes, investing in a TEA or infrastructure project not only lowers the total EB5 cost but also speeds up processing times for your Investment Green Card application. Investment in a rural area or high-unemployment region qualifies you for a reserved or EB-5 set aside visa and expedited processing. You’ll get your I-526/I-526E form approval in 12 months instead of the average of 29 months Processing times for countries with high EB-5 demand.
We at EB5 BRICS guide immigrant investors like you in meeting the EB5 minimum investment requirement and choosing safe and secure projects.