How to convert an E-2 visa to a Green card?

E2 visa to Green card:

  1. EB-5 investor visa thru Direct or Regional Center Investment.
  2. Green Card through your spouse’s Employer.
  3. EB1A immigrant visa for people with extraordinary abilities.
  4. National interest waiver (under EB-2 visa for advanced degree professionals)
  5. E-2 Employee to green card through marriage.

Detailed Information on How to obtain a Green Card from E-2 Visa

  1. Through EB-5 Visa – The EB-5 Visa is an immigrant visa for investors willing to invest a minimum of $800,000 into a new business or project in the US that creates 10 jobs for US workers. An EB-5 visa allows an investor to get a green card for themselves, their spouse, and unmarried children under 21 years old as long as there’s no visa backlog for the investor’s country of birth. Read more about EB5 Requirements
  2. Through Spouse’s Employer sponsorship:  A benefit of the E2 visa is that it permits the investor’s dependent spouse to apply for work authorization and work anywhere while the investor is only allowed to work for the E2 company. In order to get a green card through sponsorship by the spouse’s employer, the US employer must get an approved Labor Certification through the Department of Labor and the applicant must get approved for either EB-2 or EB-3 visa, and the applicant must adjust status in the US or get a visa abroad.
  3. EB1A Visa: The EB1A immigrant visa is designed for people with extraordinary abilities in either the arts, sciences, athletics, education, or business. Extraordinary ability means that the applicant is one of a small percentage of people in their field who have risen to the top. One of the benefits of an EB1A visa is that it does not require employer sponsorship and can be filed without a job offer.
  4. National Interest Waiver: The NIW is a subcategory of the EB-2 visa and is available to professionals holding advanced degrees or persons with exceptional abilities. As with EB1A, one can apply for an EB-2 visa without a company sponsor and without a US job offer.
  5. Green card through marriage: A bona-fide legitimate marriage to a US citizen or lawful permanent resident may provide immigrant benefits.