What are the Other US Visa Available for Slovakia Nationals?
Slovak citizens have the option to apply for immigrant and nonimmigrant visas to enter the United States based on their individual purposes. Immigrant Visas allow Slovak nationals to enter the USA as permanent residents. Nonimmigrant Visas are granted for a transient stay in the US and require Slovaks to return to their home country.
The following are the US Visas available to Slovak nationals.
- Family-Based Immigration. For foreign citizens sponsored by an immediate relative who is a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder and is at least 21 years old.
- Fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa. For a foreign fiancé(e) of a US citizen. The foreign fiancé(e) is allowed to stay in the U.S. to apply for permanent residency after marriage.
- K-3 Visa. For the foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen traveling to reside in the U.S. while awaiting final completion of their immigration. The spouse’s children can enter the U.S. with a K-4 Visa.
- Intercountry Adoption. For adopting children outside of the US.
- Employment-Based Immigration. For qualified applicants under the provisions of US immigration law. The EB-5 Visa falls under the Employment Fifth Preference (E5).
- B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa. For people traveling to the US for business or pleasure, or for medical treatment. The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows Slovaks to enter and stay in the U.S. for a maximum of 90 days without a visa for tourism or business purposes.
- Temporary Worker/Employment or Trainees (H, L, O, P, Q, R). For temporary, nonimmigrant workers petitioned by US employers or agents.
- Student Visa. For foreign citizens who wish to study in the US.
- Exchange Visitor Visa. For foreign citizens participating in exchange programs.
- Journalist and Media Visa. For representatives of the foreign media traveling to the US to engage in their profession while having their home office in a foreign country.
- Treaty Trader (E-1) and Investor (E-2) Visa. For citizens of countries with treaties of commerce and navigation with the US. Slovakia is a treaty country of the USA.
- A Visas. For Slovak government officials entering the U.S. for temporary or permanent assignment.
- Transit/Ship Crew Visa. For foreign citizens traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the US en route to a foreign destination.
What is the Most Popular State in the United States for Slovakia Investors to Migrate to?
Most Slovaks in the USA reside in the states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, New York, and Illinois according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
What is the Current Retrogression Situation for Slovak Investors?
No retrogression exists for Slovak EB-5 investors. Eligible Slovak investors are able to obtain their EB5 Visas faster compared to applicants from backlogged countries such as India and China.
What are the Issues Experienced by the Slovakia Citizen with the EB-5 Visa?
Meeting the requisite number of employment and investment amount for the EB 5 Project are the two most frequent issues with EB 5 Visa applications from Slovakia. The Slovakian investor’s business plan must demonstrate the certainty that the EB-5 Project will generate at least 10 new full-time US jobs. The jobs should be retained for at least 2 years or until the Slovak investor submits their I-829. In addition, the Slovak investor must demonstrate that the EB-5 investment was legally acquired and will be utilized exclusively for the EB-5 project. To demonstrate the legal origin of their EB5 investment, Slovak investors must provide confirmation of ownership and registration, income tax returns, bank account statements, and pay stubs.
What is a Targeted Employment Area?
A targeted employment area (TEA) is a region in the United States where the minimum required investment is $800,000 (Є745 K EUR). The 2 kinds of TEAs are high-unemployment areas and rural areas. Slovak investors benefit from investing in a TEA Project because of the priority processing for their petitions and allotment of visa-set asides as per the 2022 EB-5 Reform and Integrity Act (RIA). The priority processing and reserved visas quicken the process of obtaining an EB5 Green Card.
What Other Countries can Invest in the EB-5 Visa Program?
There were nearly 100,000 foreign investors who obtained permanent residence in the United States via the EB-5 Program from 2012 to 2022 according to “The United States EB-5 Program” by Investment Migration Insider. About 80% of EB5 investors come from South Korea, Taiwan, China, and the United Kingdom.
Is USA a Good Foreign Market to Invest in for Slovakia Citizens?
Yes, the EB-5 market in the United States is stable and welcoming to Slovakian investors. The United States provides access to one of the world’s largest consumer markets, a robust legal system, tax advantages, and a dependable infrastructure.
Can EB-5 Visa Attorney Speed Up the Process of EB-5 Visa?
No, an EB-5 Visa Attorney does not speed up an EB 5 Visa application for Slovak investors. The approval and processing of EB 5 petitions are under the jurisdictions of the USCIS and the DOS. An EB5 Visa Attorney assists Slovak investors by preventing delays from processing errors, organizing their paperwork for success, and ensuring the legality of every step taken.
Is Obtaining an EB-5 Easy for Slovak Investors?
Slovakia investors are able to obtain their EB-5 Visas faster because of the “current” visa bulletin and lack of retrogression in the application for Slovaks. Slovak investors are not subject to additional wait times, unlike investors from backlogged countries.
Can a Slovak National Apply for EB 5 while on H1B?
Yes, a Slovak citizen with a valid H-1B Visa is qualified to apply for the EB5 Visa. The H1B Visa is for foreign professionals hired to work in specialty occupations by U.S. employers. Slovak citizens on H-1B Visa in the USA can file their I-526 and I-485 concurrently for faster processing as per the Reform and Integrity Act (RIA).
Can a Slovakia Investor Borrow Money for EB-5 Visa?
Yes, Slovakia investors can use loaned and borrowed money for their EB-5 Visa investments. The EB5 Loan has to be secured by the personal assets and collateral of the Slovakia investor and not those of the EB-5 project.
Can an International Student from Slovakia with an F-1 Visa Apply for EB5 Visa?
Yes, a student from Slovakia on F-1 Visa can apply for the EB-5 Visa. The F1 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows entry into the US for foreign students enrolled in academic programs. The Slovak student on a valid F1 status can file the I-526 and I-485 petitions concurrently for faster EB 5 Visa processing in the USA.
Can a Slovakia Citizen Invest in the United States?
Yes, a citizen from the Slovak Republic is able to invest in the United States through the EB5 Visa and the E-2 Visa. The E2 Treaty Investor Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows nationals of treaty countries to invest in a US business. The Slovak Republic has an existing treaty with the U.S. and is eligible for the E2 Visa.
The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa does not have a direct path to US Permanent Residency, unlike the EB-5 Visa. A substantial investment of at least $150,000 (Є140 K EUR) is required for an E-2 Visa investment. There is no requirement for minimum job creation for Slovak E2 Visa investors.
Does a Slovakia Citizen Need a Visa for USA?
Nationals from the Slovak Republic are allowed to enter and stay in the US without a visa for a maximum of 90 days under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Slovak Republic nationals will have to secure a U.S. Visa for other purposes such as employment, studies, and immigration.