What are the Other US Visa Available for Syria Nationals?
A U.S. Visa is the stamp on the travel documents of foreign citizens who wish to enter and stay in the United States. Syrian citizens must secure a US Visa that is specific to the purpose of their visit at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Immigrant Visas are granted to Syrian nationals who are qualified to enter and stay in the United States as Permanent Residents. Nonimmigrant Visas allow Syrians temporary entry and stay in the US depending on the purpose of their visit.
The following are the US Visas available to Syrian nationals.
- Family-Based Immigration. For foreign citizens sponsored by an immediate relative who is a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder and is at least 21 years old.
- Fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa. For a foreign fiancé(e) of a US citizen. The foreign fiancé(e) is allowed to stay in the U.S. to apply for permanent residency after marriage.
- K-3 Visa. For the foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen traveling to reside in the U.S. while awaiting final completion of their immigration. The spouse’s children can enter the U.S. with a K-4 Visa.
- Intercountry Adoption. For adopting children outside of the US.
- Employment-Based Immigration. For qualified applicants under the provisions of US immigration law. The EB-5 Visa falls under the Employment Fifth Preference (E5).
- B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa. For people traveling to the US for business or pleasure, or for medical treatment.
- Temporary Worker/Employment or Trainees (H, L, O, P, Q, R). For temporary, nonimmigrant workers petitioned by US employers or agents.
- Student Visa. For foreign citizens who wish to study in the US.
- Exchange Visitor Visa. For foreign citizens participating in exchange programs.
- Journalist and Media Visa. For representatives of the foreign media traveling to the US to engage in their profession while having their home office in a foreign country.
- A Visas. For Syrian government officials entering the U.S. for temporary or permanent assignment.
- Transit/Ship Crew Visa. For foreign citizens traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the US en route to a foreign destination.
What is the Most Popular State in the United States for Syria Investors to Migrate to?
The U.S. states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Ohio, Michigan, Louisiana, and Texas have the most Syrian immigrants according to the 2000 US Census.
What is the Current Retrogression Situation for Syrian Investors?
There is no retrogression situation for the EB-5 process for Syria investors. Investors from Syria have never faced any backlogs in the application process for EB-5 and are not expected to experience any in the future.
What are the Issues Experienced by the Syria Citizen with the EB-5 Visa?
Issues experienced by Syrians when it comes to EB 5 application are related to the required minimum investment. Syria nationals will have to obtain OFAC approval as well as specific licenses to be able to invest in the United States. The EB 5 investment of Syria nationals must be proven to come from lawful means and transferred legally.
What is a Targeted Employment Area?
A targeted employment area (TEA) is a location in the United States with a lowered investment requirement of $800,000 (SYP 2.01 B Syrian Pound) to qualify for EB 5. A TEA Project is located in special economic zones such as high-unemployment areas or rural areas. Syrian investors gain certain advantages aside from lower capital requirements by investing in a TEA Project. TEA investors are given priority processing for their petitions and allotment of reserved visas as per the 2022 EB-5 Reform and Integrity Act (RIA). The availability of priority processing and reserved visas quicken the EB5 Green Card process for Syrian investors.
What Other Countries can Invest in the EB-5 Visa Program?
Approximately 100,000 foreign investors became Permanent Residents of the United States through the EB5 Immigrant Investor Visa according to “The United States EB-5 Program” by Investment Migration Insider, from 2012 to 2022. The United Kingdom, South Korea, Taiwan, and China account for almost 80% of these EB5 investors.
Is USA a Good Foreign Market to Invest in for Syria Citizens?
Yes, Syrians gain access to one of the largest consumer markets in the world, a reliable legal system, advantageous tax laws, and a good infrastructure by investing in the United States. The EB-5 Visa is a dependable route to obtaining Permanent Residence in the US for Syrian investors and their dependents.
Can EB-5 Visa Attorney Speed Up the Process of EB-5 Visa?
No, an EB-5 Visa Attorney does not have the capacity to expedite the EB-5 process for Syrian investors. The evaluation and processing of EB 5 applications are handled by the USCIS and the DOS. An EB5 Visa Attorney helps Syrian investors avoid application delays due to mistakes, structure their paperwork for success, and ensure compliance with U.S. immigration laws.
Is Obtaining an EB-5 Easy for Syrian Investors?
Syria investors are able to obtain their EB-5 Visas with less difficulty because of the “current” Visa Bulletin status and lack of retrogression in the application for Syria. Syrian investors are not subject to extra wait times, unlike investors from countries with visa retrogression such as China and India.
Can a Syrian National Apply for EB 5 while on H1B?
Yes, Syrian H-1B Visa holders are eligible to apply for an EB5 Visa. The H1 B Visa is granted to foreign workers hired by US employers in a specialty occupation. The RIA permits Syrian H1B workers in the US to submit their I-526 and I-485 applications simultaneously for quicker processing without having to leave the United States.
Can a Syria Investor Borrow Money for EB-5 Visa?
Yes, Syrian investors can use loans as EB-5 Visa investments. The EB5 Loan shall be secured by the personal property and collateral of the Syrian Investor and not those of the EB 5 Project.
Can an International Student from Syria with an F-1 Visa Apply for EB5 Visa?
Yes, a Syrian student with an F-1 Visa is a qualified applicant for an EB-5 visa. An F1 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows international students who are enrolled in academic programs to study in the US. The I-526 and I-485 petitions can be submitted concurrently by a Syrian student with a valid F1 status to expedite the EB 5 Visa application while in the USA.
Can a Syria Citizen Invest in the United States?
Yes, a citizen from Syria is able to invest in the United States through the EB5 Visa and indirectly through the E-2 Visa. The E2 Treaty Investor Visa is a nonimmigrant classification for treaty country investors who are making a substantial investment in a US business. Treaty countries maintain a treaty of navigation and commerce with the US. Since Syria is a non-treaty country, Syrians will have to obtain citizenship from a treaty country prior to applying for an E2 Visa.
The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa is not a U.S. Permanent Residence program, unlike the EB-5 Visa. A substantial investment of at least $150,000 (SYP 376 M Syrian Pound) is required for an E-2 Visa investment without the need for minimum job creation.
Does a Syrian Citizen Need a Visa for USA?
Syrians who are entering the US must first secure a US Visa. Different types of visas are available to Syria citizens depending on their purpose of visit to the USA.