What are the Other US Visa Available for Chad Nationals?
Foreign nationals who want to enter the US must have a U.S. Visa stamped on their passports. Chadian nationals are required to obtain a US Visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate that is appropriate for the purpose of their visit. Immigrant Visas are issued to Chadian nationals who meet the requirements to enter and remain in the United States as Permanent Residents. Chadian nationals are able to enter and stay in the US on a temporary basis using Nonimmigrant Visas.
The following are the US Visas available to Chadian nationals.
- Family-Based Immigration. For foreign citizens sponsored by an immediate relative who is a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder and is at least 21 years old.
- Fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa. For a foreign fiancé(e) of a US citizen. The foreign fiancé(e) is allowed to stay in the U.S. to apply for permanent residency after marriage.
- K-3 Visa. For the foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen traveling to reside in the U.S. while awaiting final completion of their immigration. The spouse’s children can enter the U.S. with a K-4 Visa.
- Intercountry Adoption. For adopting children outside of the US.
- Employment-Based Immigration. For qualified applicants under the provisions of US immigration law. The EB-5 Visa falls under the Employment Fifth Preference (E5).
- B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa. For people traveling to the US for business or pleasure, or for medical treatment.
- Temporary Worker/Employment or Trainees (H, L, O, P, Q, R). For temporary, nonimmigrant workers petitioned by US employers or agents.
- Student Visa. For foreign citizens who wish to study in the US.
- Exchange Visitor Visa. For foreign citizens participating in exchange programs.
- Journalist and Media Visa. For representatives of the foreign media traveling to the US to engage in their profession while having their home office in a foreign country.
- A Visas. For Chadian government officials entering the U.S. for temporary or permanent assignment.
- Transit/Ship Crew Visa. For foreign citizens traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the US en route to a foreign destination.
What is the Current Retrogression Situation for Chadian Investors?
There is no retrogression (backlog) for Chad investors applying for an EB-5 Visa. There has never been any retrogression for Chad and it is not anticipated to have any in the future.
What are the Issues Experienced by the Chad Citizen with the EB-5 Visa?
The creation of the required number of jobs and supplying the minimum investment amount for the EB 5 Project are two of the major issues for Chadian investors applying for an EB5 Visa. The Chadian investor’s business plan must prove that the EB5 Project will generate at least 10 new full-time jobs in the US. The jobs must be created and maintained for at least 2 years, or until the Chad investor submits their I-829. There should be sufficient evidence that the EB-5 investment was obtained legally and would only be used for the EB-5 Project. Investors from Chad are required to provide documentation for their EB5 investment, including payslips, tax returns, bank account records, and confirmation of business ownership and registration.
What is a Targeted Employment Area?
A targeted employment area (TEA) is a region of the United States with a minimum EB 5 investment requirement of $800,000 (XAF 494 M Central African CFA franc). A TEA Project is located in a special economic zone, such as a rural or high-unemployment area. Aside from having lower capital requirements, participating in a TEA Project has various advantages for Chadian investors. According to the 2022 EB-5 Reform and Integrity Act (RIA), TEA investors enjoy priority processing for their petitions and issuance of reserved visas. The allotment of reserved visas and priority processing helps Chadian investors apply for EB5 Green Cards more quickly.
What Other Countries can Invest in the EB-5 Visa Program?
The EB5 Immigrant Investor Visa helped almost 100,000 foreign investors become permanent residents of the United States between 2012 and 2022, according to “The United States EB-5 Program” by Investment Migration Insider. Over 80% of these EB5 investors come from China, Taiwan, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and Taiwan.
Is USA a Good Foreign Market to Invest in for Chad Citizens?
Yes, by investing in the United States, Chadian investors have access to one of the largest consumer markets in the world, a solid legal system, favorable tax regulations, and a robust infrastructure. The EB-5 Visa is a reliable path to USA Permanent Residency for Chadian investors and their dependents.
Can EB-5 Visa Attorney Speed Up the Process of EB-5 Visa?
No, an EB-5 Visa Attorney cannot expedite EB-5 Visa applications. Applications for EB 5 are evaluated and processed by the USCIS and the DOS. EB5 Visa Attorney services include reducing application delays brought on by mistakes, organizing paperwork for Chadian investors’ success, and assuring compliance with U.S. immigration laws.
Is Obtaining an EB-5 Easy for Chadian Investors?
Chad investors are able to apply for their EB-5 Visas with less difficulty due to the “current” Visa Bulletin status and the absence of application backlogs for Chad. Chadian investors are not subject to increased wait times, unlike investors from nations with visa retrogression like China and India.
Can a Chadian National Apply for EB 5 while on H1B?
Yes, citizens of Chad with valid H-1B Visas are eligible to apply for an EB5 Visa. Foreign workers employed in specialty occupations in the USA hold H-1B Visas. The RIA permits Chadian H1B workers in the US to simultaneously submit their I-526 and I-485 forms for faster processing without having to leave the country.
Can a Chad Investor Borrow Money for EB-5 Visa?
Yes, Chadian investors can use loans as EB-5 Visa investments. The EB5 Loan shall be secured by the personal property and collateral of the Chadian Investor and not by the EB 5 Project.
Can an International Student from Chad with an F-1 Visa Apply for EB5 Visa?
Yes, a Chadian student with an F-1 Visa is eligible to apply for an EB-5 Visa. The F-1 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows international students to enroll in academic programs in the US. The I-526 and I-485 petitions can be submitted concurrently by a Chadian student who has a valid F1 status in order to expedite the EB 5 Visa application procedure while in the USA.
Can a Chadian Citizen Invest in the United States?
Yes, a citizen from Chad is able to invest in the United States through the EB5 Visa and indirectly through the E-2 Visa. The E-2 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa available to citizens of treaty nations who are investing a substantial amount of money in a US company. Treaty nations maintain commerce and navigation agreements with the US. Chad is a non-treaty country and Chadians must first acquire citizenship from a treaty country to qualify for the E-2 Visa.
Unlike the EB-5 Visa, the E2 Treaty Investment Visa is not a program for U.S. Permanent Residence. An E2 Visa investment must be at least $150,000 (XAF 92 M Central African CFA franc) without the necessity for a minimum number of jobs to be created.
Does a Chadian Citizen Need a Visa for USA?
Citizens of Chad who intend to visit the US must first get a US Visa. Temporary travelers from Chad must apply for a nonimmigrant visa while Chadian nationals who wish to immigrate to the US must get an immigrant visa.