What are the Other US Visa Available for Azerbaijan Nationals?
Immigrant and nonimmigrant visas are available to Azerbaijan nationals who want to enter the United States for specific purposes. Immigrant Visas allow foreign nationals to enter the USA as permanent residents. Nonimmigrant Visas are granted for temporary US entry and require holders to return to their home country.
The following are the US Visas available to Azerbaijan nationals.
- Family-Based Immigration. For foreign citizens sponsored by an immediate relative who is a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder and is at least 21 years old.
- Fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa. For a foreign fiancé(e) of a US citizen. The foreign fiancé(e) is allowed to stay in the U.S. to apply for permanent residency after marriage.
- K-3 Visa. For the foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen traveling to reside in the U.S. while awaiting final completion of their immigration. The spouse’s children can enter the U.S. with a K-4 Visa.
- Intercountry Adoption. For adopting children outside of the US.
- Employment-Based Immigration. For qualified applicants under the provisions of US immigration law. The EB-5 Visa falls under the Employment Fifth Preference (E5).
- B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa. For people traveling to the US for business or pleasure, or for medical treatment.
- Temporary Worker/Employment or Trainees (H, L, O, P, Q, R). For temporary, nonimmigrant workers petitioned by US employers or agents.
- Student Visa. For foreign citizens who wish to study in the US.
- Exchange Visitor Visa. For foreign citizens participating in exchange programs.
- Journalist and Media Visa. For representatives of the foreign media traveling to the US to engage in their profession while having their home office in a foreign country.
- Treaty Trader (E-1) and Investor (E-2) Visa. For citizens of countries with treaties of commerce and navigation with the US. Azerbaijan is a treaty country of the USA.
- A Visas. For Azerbaijani government officials entering the U.S. for temporary or permanent assignment.
- Transit/Ship Crew Visa. For foreign citizens traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the US en route to a foreign destination.
What is the Most Popular State in the United States for Azerbaijan Investors to Migrate to?
Most Azerbaijanis settle in the U.S. states of New York, New Jersey, Texas, California, and Minnesota according to the U.S. Census 2000 data.
What is the Current Retrogression Situation for Azerbaijani Investors?
There is no retrogression in the EB 5 application for Azerbaijani investors. Eligible Azerbaijani investors are able to obtain their EB5 Visas faster compared to applicants from backlogged countries such as India and China.
What are the Issues Experienced by the Azerbaijan Citizen with the EB-5 Visa?
The two common issues with the EB 5 Visa application for Azerbaijan investors are meeting the minimum number of jobs and investment amount for the EB 5 project. The Azerbaijan investor’s business plan should reflect the certainty that the EB-5 project will generate a minimum of 10 new full-time American employees. The jobs should be sustained for at least 2 years or until the Azerbaijani investor files their I-829. Additionally, the Azerbaijani investor needs to prove that the EB-5 investment was acquired legally and will be used entirely for the EB-5 project. Documents such as proof of ownership and registration, income tax returns, bank account reports, and salary reports should be submitted to the USCIS to prove the lawful source of EB5 investment.
What is a Targeted Employment Area?
A targeted employment area (TEA) is a region in the United States where the threshold for investment is $800,000 (₼1.3 M AZN) for Azerbaijan investors under the EB-5 Program. The 2 kinds of TEAs are high-unemployment areas and rural areas. Azerbaijani investors benefit from investing in a TEA Project because of the priority processing for their petitions and an allotment of reserved visas under the Reform and Integrity Act (RIA) of 2022. The priority processing and visa set-asides quicken the process of obtaining an EB5 Green Card.
What Other Countries can Invest in the EB-5 Visa Program?
There were nearly 100,000 foreign investors who obtained permanent residence in the United States via the EB-5 Program from 2012 to 2022 according to “The United States EB-5 Program” by Investment Migration Insider. About 80% of EB5 investors come from South Korea, Taiwan, China, and the United Kingdom.
Is USA a Good Foreign Market to Invest in for Azerbaijan Citizens?
Yes, the United States has a stable and welcoming EB-5 market for Azerbaijan investors. The United States gives access to one of the largest consumer marketplaces in the world, a strong legal system, tax advantages, and reliable infrastructure.
Can EB-5 Visa Attorney Speed Up the Process of EB-5 Visa?
No, an EB-5 Visa Attorney does not necessarily speed up an EB 5 Visa application since the approval and processing are controlled primarily by the USCIS and the State Department. An EB5 Visa Attorney helps Azerbaijani investors by preventing delays from processing errors and documentation issues.
Is Obtaining an EB-5 Easy for Azerbaijani Investors?
Azerbaijan investors are able to obtain their EB-5 Visas faster because of the “current” visa bulletin and lack of retrogression in the application for Azerbaijanis. Azerbaijani investors are not subject to extra wait times, unlike investors from backlogged countries.
Can an Azerbaijani National Apply for EB 5 while on H1B?
Yes, an Azerbaijani citizen with a valid H-1B Visa is eligible to apply for the EB5 Visa. The H1B Visa is for foreign professionals hired by US employers to work in specialty occupations. An Azerbaijani citizen on H-1B Visa can file their I-526 and I-485 concurrently as per the Reform and Integrity Act (RIA).
Can an Azerbaijan Investor Borrow Money for EB-5 Visa?
Yes, Azerbaijan investors can use loans and borrowed money for their EB-5 Visa application. The EB5 Loan has to be secured by the assets and collateral of the Azerbaijan investor and not the EB-5 project.
Can an International Student from Azerbaijan with an F-1 Visa Apply for EB5 Visa?
Yes, a student from Azerbaijan on F-1 Visa can apply for the EB-5 Visa. The F1 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows entry into the US for foreign students under academic programs. The Azerbaijani student on a valid F1 status can file the I-526 and I-485 petitions concurrently for faster EB 5 Visa processing in the USA.
Can an Azerbaijan Citizen Invest in the United States?
Yes, an Azerbaijani citizen is able to invest in the United States through the EB5 Visa and the E-2 Visa. The E2 Treaty Investor Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows nationals of treaty countries to invest in a US business. Azerbaijan has an existing treaty with the U.S. and is eligible for the E2 Visa.
The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa does not have a direct path to US Permanent Residency, unlike the EB-5 Visa. A substantial investment of at least $150,000 (₼255 K AZN) is required for an E-2 Visa investment. There is no requirement for minimum job creation for E2 Visa investors.
Does an Azerbaijan Citizen Need a Visa for USA?
Yes, Azerbaijan nationals will have to secure a visa prior to entering the United States. Different U.S. Visas are available to Azerbaijan nationals depending on purposes such as employment, studies, tourism, and immigration.