What are the Other US Visa Available for Kazakhstan Nationals?
Immigrant and nonimmigrant visas are issued to Kazakhstan nationals who want to enter the United States for specific purposes. Immigrant Visas allow foreign nationals to enter the USA as permanent residents. Nonimmigrant Visas are available to foreign citizens who wish to enter the United States temporarily. Nonimmigrant Visas are granted for temporary US entry and require holders to return to their home country.
The following are the US Visas available to Kazakhstan nationals.
- Family-Based Immigration. For foreign citizens sponsored by an immediate relative who is a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder and is at least 21 years old.
- Fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa. For a foreign fiancé(e) of a US citizen. The foreign fiancé(e) is allowed to stay in the U.S. to apply for permanent residency after marriage.
- K-3 Visa. For the foreign spouse of a U.S. citizen traveling to reside in the U.S. while awaiting final completion of their immigration. The spouse’s children can enter the U.S. with a K-4 Visa.
- Intercountry Adoption. For adopting children outside of the US.
- Employment-Based Immigration. For qualified applicants under the provisions of US immigration law. The EB-5 Visa falls under the Employment Fifth Preference (E5).
- B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa. For people traveling to the US for business or pleasure, or for medical treatment.
- Temporary Worker/Employment or Trainees (H, L, O, P, Q, R). For temporary, nonimmigrant workers petitioned by US employers or agents.
- Student Visa. For foreign citizens who wish to study in the US.
- Exchange Visitor Visa. For foreign citizens participating in exchange programs.
- Journalist and Media Visa. For representatives of the foreign media traveling to the US to engage in their profession while having their home office in a foreign country.
- Treaty Trader (E-1) and Investor (E-2) Visa. For citizens of countries with treaties of commerce and navigation with the US. Kazakhstan is a treaty country of the USA.
- A Visas. For Kazakhstani government officials entering the U.S. for temporary or permanent assignment.
- Transit/Ship Crew Visa. For foreign citizens traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the US en route to a foreign destination.
What is the Most Popular State in the United States for Kazakhstan Investors to Migrate to?
Most Kazakhstani immigrants live in the U.S. state of Virginia according to the Kazakh American Association.
What is the Current Retrogression Situation for Kazakhs Investors?
There is no retrogression in the EB 5 application for Kazakhstani investors. Eligible Kazakhstani investors are able to obtain their EB5 Visas faster compared to applicants from backlogged countries such as India and China.
What are the Issues Experienced by the Kazakhstan Citizen with the EB-5 Visa?
The two common issues with the EB 5 Visa application for Kazakhstan investors are job creation and inadequate proof of funds. The Kazakhstan investor’s business plan should prove that the EB-5 project will be able to create a minimum of 10 new full-time American employees. The jobs should be sustained for at least 2 years or until the Kazakhstani investor receives their Unconditional Green Card. Additionally, the Kazakhstan investor needs to prove that the EB-5 investment was acquired legally and will be used entirely for the EB-5 project. Documents such as proof of ownership and registration, income tax returns, bank account reports, and salary reports should be submitted to the USCIS to prove the lawful source of EB5 funds.
What is a Targeted Employment Area?
A targeted employment area (TEA) is a region in the United States where the threshold for investment is $800,000 (₸355 M KZT) for Kazakhstan investors to qualify for the EB-5 Visa. The two kinds of TEAs are high-unemployment areas and rural areas. Kazakhstani investors should take advantage of investing in a TEA Project to get priority processing for their petitions and an allotment of reserved visas as per the Reform and Integrity Act (RIA) of 2022. The priority processing and visa set-asides quicken the process of obtaining an EB5 Green Card.
What Other Countries can Invest in the EB-5 Visa Program?
There were nearly 100,000 foreign investors who obtained permanent residence in the United States via the EB-5 Program from 2012 to 2022 according to “The United States EB-5 Program” by Investment Migration Insider. About 80% of EB5 investors come from Taiwan, China, South Korea, and the United Kingdom.
Is USA a Good Foreign Market to Invest in for Kazakhstan Citizens?
Yes, the United States has a stable and welcoming EB-5 market for Kazakhstan investors. The U.S. has a robust legal system, tax incentives, reliable infrastructure, and access to one of the top consumer global markets.
Can EB-5 Visa Attorney Speed Up the Process of EB-5 Visa?
No, an EB-5 Visa Attorney does not necessarily speed up an EB 5 Visa application since the adjudication and processing are controlled by US government agencies. An EB5 Visa Attorney helps Kazakhstani investors by preventing delays from processing errors and documentation issues.
Is Obtaining an EB-5 Easy for Kazakhstani Investors?
Kazakhstan investors are able to obtain their EB-5 Visas faster because of the “current” visa bulletin status of the application for Kazakhstan. Kazakhstani investors do not face extra wait times, unlike investors from backlogged countries.
Can a Kazakhstani National Apply for EB 5 while on H1B?
Yes, a Kazakhstani citizen with a valid H-1B Visa can apply for the EB5 Visa. The H1B Visa is for foreign professionals hired by employers to work in specialty occupations in the US. A Kazakhstani citizen on H-1B Visa can file their I-526 and I-485 concurrently as per the Reform and Integrity Act (RIA).
Can a Kazakhstan Investor Borrow Money for EB-5 Visa?
Yes, Kazakhstan investors can use loans for their EB-5 Visa application. The EB5 Loan has to be secured by the assets and collateral of the Kazakhstan investor and not the EB-5 project.
Can an International Student from Kazakhstan with an F-1 Visa Apply for EB5 Visa?
Yes, a student from Kazakhstan on F-1 Visa can apply for the EB-5 Visa. The F1 Visa allows entry into the US for foreign students under academic programs. The Kazakhstani student on a valid F1 status can file the I-526 and I-485 petitions concurrently for faster EB 5 Visa processing in the USA.
Can a Kazakhstan Citizen Invest in the United States?
Yes, a Kazakhstani citizen is able to invest in the United States through the EB5 Visa and the E-2 Visa. The E2 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows nationals of treaty countries to invest in a US business. A treaty country maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with the US. Kazakhstan has an existing treaty with the U.S. and is eligible for the E2 Visa.
The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa does not have a direct path to a green card, unlike the EB-5 Visa. A substantial investment of at least $150,000 (₸66 M KZT) is required for an E-2 Visa investment. There is no requirement for minimum job creation for E2 Visa.
Does a Kazakhstan Citizen Need a Visa for USA?
Yes, Kazakhstan nationals will have to secure a visa to be able to enter the United States. Different U.S. Visas are available to Kazakhstan nationals that are specific to their purposes which include employment, studies, tourism, and immigration.